DR. CHALTONLIEN AMO
Indian National Congress
55-Tipaimukh (ST) A/C
Father’s Name : Late Shri D.R.. Thuoma
Date of Birth : 1st march, 1955
Place off Birth : Patpuihmun, Manipur
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. Lalramsang
Number of Children : 2 (two) Sons, 1 (one) Daughter
Ednl. Qualification : Medical Graduate (MBBS)
Profession : Social worker
Permanent Address : Patpuihmun, Vangai Range, Tipaimukh, Sub-Division, Churachandpur District, Manipur
Present Address : VII/CP No. 2, Lamphel, Manipur.
Position Held : 1995 – Elected to the 6th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
- Minister of State for health (Independent Charge) (1995-97)
- Member of All India congress committee (AICC) 1977-2000 & 2005-2010.
- General Secretary, MPCC i/c Youth congress (1998-05)
2002 – Re-elected to the 8th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Minister of State, medical and health (2002-03) (Independent charge).
- Cabinet Minister, health (2003-04).
- Vice-President, MPCC, i/c Organization (Hill), district Council (2005 till date)
- Co-ordination committee/CLP (20044-2007).
- Deputy Chairman, State Planning Board (2004-06).
- Chairman, Manipur Tribal Development corporation (22006-07)
- Member, Disciplinary Action committee (MPCC) 2011 till date)
2012 – Re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
- Chairman, Hill Areas Committee (HAC).
Others : 1. Member, Adimjati Shiksha Ashram, Manipur (2006 till date)
2. Member, Advisory Committee, telephone/Telecom Imphal, Ministry of communication and IT new Delhi (2009 till date)
3. Attended conference at different levels i.e. State Level, National Level and International Level several times.
4. Served as Medical Officer under Government of Manipur (13 years).
5. President, Hmar National Union (HNU) 1994 till date.
6. Attended AICC Plenary Sessions at different places/States.
Hobby : Public Service.
Travel abroad : Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Spain, Nepal, Myanmar, Switzerland and Italy.