Indian National Congress
54 – Nunga (ST) A/C
Father’s Name : Late Shri Khangsillung
Date of Birth : 12th November, 1950
Place of Birth : Gaidimjang Khoupum Village
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. Adiliu Gangmei
Number of children : 4 (Four) Sons, 2 (two) Daughters
Ednl. Qualification : B.A.
Profession : Social Worker
Permanent Address : Gaidimjang, Khoupum village, B.P.O. & P.S. Khoupum, Khoupum Sub-Division, Tamenglong District, Manipur 795 147
Present Address : C.S. bungalow (Old) P.O. Imphal, Babupara, Imphal, Manipur – 795 001
Position Held : 1980 – Elected to the 23rd Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
- Minister of State, Education, Social Welfare, Arts & Culture and Sports (4th May, 1983 to 4th January, 1985)
1984 – Re-elected to the 4th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
- Minister of State for tribal Development and District Council (1985-88)
- Minister of State for IFCD (1988-90)
1990 – Re-elected to the 5th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Cabinet Minister, Forest (1992-93)
- Cabinet Minister, Agriculture, Horticulture & Soil conservation (19Political Advisor to Chief Minister, Manipur (1995-97)
- Vice-President, MPCC (1995-05)
2002 – Re-elected to the 8th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Cabinet Minister, Works (2002-04)
- Cabinet Minister, Power/SC/IPR (2004-06)
- Elected President, MPC, 2005
- Deputy Chairman, State Planning Board, 2006-07.
2007 – Re-elected to the 9th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
- Re-elected President, MPCC 2010-till date.
2012 – Re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Cabinet Minister, Home (16-03-2012)
- Cabinet Minister, Home, Tribal Affairs & Hills/Hort. S.C.), Manipur (28-04-2012)
Other Activities : 1972-73 – founder/Charter Member, Leo club of Imphal (Leo International).
1973-74 – Founder President, All Manipur Tribal Student’s Union (ATSUM).
1977-78 – Founder Chairman, Khoupum Area development Council.
1975-77 – Advisor, Students Public Relation Committee, Manipur.
1976-77 – Secretary Nungba Block Congress Committee.
1976-79 - Chairman, Nisha bund and Price Control Committee, Nungba Kendra.
1977- till date – Founder Chairman, kids Glory High School.
1977-78 – Advisor, Naga Students’ Union Manipur.
1982-94 – President, Tamenglong District congress Committee.
1994-96 – Member, Telephone Advisory committee.
Hobby : Social Work
Travel Abroad : N/A