SHRI KANGUJAM RANJIT SINGH
Indian National Congress
39 – Sugnoo A/C
Father’s Name : Late Shri K. Mohori Singh
Date of Birth : 1st march, 1962
Place of Birth : Serou Bazar Part-I, Serou.
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. L. Madhumati Devi
Number of children : 2 (two) Sons, 1(one) Daughter
Ednl. Qualification : Pre-University (Science).
Profession : Social Worker
Permanent Address : Serou Bazar Part-I, Serou.
Present Address : Qtr. No. 7 Type-IV (Old), babupara, Imphal
Position Held : 2000 – Elected to the 7th Manipur Legislative Assembly on B.J.P. Ticket.
- Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare and General Administrative Department).
2002 – Re-elected to the 8th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Deputy Speaker upto 22-03-2005.
- Chairman, Planning & Development Authority.
2007 – Re-elected to the 9th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Minister, P.W.D., Printing & Stationary and Transport.
2012 – re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
Social Activities : 1991-98 – Secretary, Serou Practical High School Managing Committee.
- Secretary, Serou Development Club from 1983-1990.
- Secretary, Serou Bazar Social Welfare Club from 1991 to 1998.
- Active member of “Serou Bazar Board Committee” Serou from 1998 onwards.
- Board of Director. “Southern Manipur Transport Co-operative Society”, Sugnu.
- Member, All Manipur truck Owners’ Welfare Association, Imphal, Manipur.
- Member, “Serou, thingkangphai-chakpi Kutcha Dam Committee” from 1994 onwards.
- Secretary, “Join Action committee, Khaokon victims” Serou 1998.
- Finance Secretary, “Joint Action Committee of H.S.L.C. Exam, Sugnu Private Centre 1998-1999.
- Secretary, “Serou United Puboic Junior High School Managing Committee” 1998 onwards.
- Vice-president, “the Ching-Tam Peace Committee” sugnu-chakpikarong Area from 1999 onwards.
- General Secretary, “Joint Acion Committee Nugoo Lamkhai (tonsen) Victims”, Sugnu, 1999.
- General Secretary, “Nungthong Lairembi Haraoba committee”, from 1993 onwards.
- Organizer of Serou Public for relief of Chakpikarong Bazar Fire victims.
Hobby : Listening songs.
Travel Aboard : Nepal, Myanmar, USA (Chicago, Washington D.C. & New York).