DR. KH. RATANKUMAR SINGH
Indian National Congress
23-Mayang Imphal A/C
Father’s Name : Shri Kh. Amutombi Singh, Ex-Deputy C.M., Manipur
Date of Birth : 1st February, 1964
Place of Birth : Konchak Mayang Imphal, P.O. & P.S. Mayang Imphal West District, Manipur
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. Ph. Pratima Devi
Number of Children : 2 (two) Daughters
Ednl. Qualification : B.A. (Hons.), M.A. (gold Medalist), Ph.D.,
Permanent Address : Qtrs. No. 1 & 2/IV, Babupara, Imphal
Position Held : 007 – Elected to the 9th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Chairman, MANITRON.
2012 – Re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Minister, Works and Transport.
Other Activities : Academic Background
1. Writer of the book entitled “Lai Haraoba of Manipur” (A Social-Historical Perspective).
2. Associate Editor of the book entitled “Influx of Migrants into Manipur” (UCM Pub).
3. Co-Writer, Social Science Text Books, for class VI to VIII, Published by Board of Secondary Education, Manipur.
4. Participated as Resource Persons at various Seminars/Conferences/Workshops (State Regional and National Levels).
1. Served as Guest Lecturer in the History department, Manipur University
2. Served as Reader in MB College, Department of Education (U), Govt. Of Manipur for about 15 (Fifteen) years.
1. Former Treasurer, Manipur Student’s Association, Delhi (MSAD), 1984-85.
2. Former Joint Secretary, North East Student’s Federation (NESFED), 1984-85.
3. Former President, Manipur Student’s Association, Delhi (MSAD), 1986-87.
4. Founder Member and former General Secretary, Manipur University Research Club (MURC), 1991-92.
5. Former Member, Academic Council, Manipur University, 1991-94.
1. Former Member of Manipur Mountaineering & Tacking Assn. (MMTA).
2. Former Taekwondo Player.
3. Former Shotokan Player.
4. Founder Member and former General Secretary, Forum for Ex-Delhi Students (FEDS), Manipur.
5. Founder member and former Secretary, Mega Manipur Society (MMS), Manipur 2002-2006.
Members of Professional Organisation (s)
1. Life member and former Jt. Secretary, Manipur Historical Society (MHS).
2. Life Member and former Executive Member of North East Indian History Association (NEIHA).
1. Bharat Excellent Award, 2008
2. North Eastern Golden Personalities Award, 2008.
Post Held Before
1. Former Chairman, MANITRON.
2. Former Secretary, Congress Legislature Party.
3. Member, Public Accounts Committee.
4. Organising Chairman, Manipur Arm Wrestling Association.
5. Organising Chairman, All Manipur Canoeing & Kayaking Assn.
Post Held at Present
1. Treasurer, Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee.
2. Member, Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee.
- Participated in the exclusive workshop for the MLAs on “MASTERING THE BUDGET” organised by P.R.S. Legislative Research in New Delhi held from 15 to 17 December, 2011.
- Participated in the exclusive workshop for the MLAs on “INDIAN LEADERSHIP” organised by P.R.S. Legislatie Research at ISB, Hyderbad held from 6 to 8 February, 2012.
Hobby : Reading Books, Watching T.V. Channels (ISTV, BBC, NDTV, Historical Channel, Discovery, National Geography Channels) etc.
Travel Abroad : Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, (Melborun) Australia.