SHRI IRENGBAM HEMOCHANDRA SINGH
Indian National Congress
13 – Singjamei A/C
Father’s Name : Late shri I. Tompok Singh
Date of Birth : 13th FFebruary, 1965
Place of Birth : Chingamakha Kshetri leikai, Imphal
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. Koijam Brajarani Devi
Number of Children : 1 (one) Son, 1 (one) Daughter
Ednl. Qualification : M.A. (History)
Profession : Social Worker
Permanent Address ; Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai, P.O. Singjamei
Present Address : - do –
Position Held : 1990 – Elected to the 5th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket (Bye-election)
1995 – re-elected to the 6th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Deputy Speaker of Manipur Legislative Assembly (25-3-1995 to 28-3-1995). Minister of State (MAHUD) (29-12-1997).
2002 - Re-elected to the 8th Manipur Legislative Assembly on FPM Ticket.
2007 - Re-elected to the 9th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
- Speaker from December, 2010
2012 – Re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC Ticket.
- Minister, P.H.E.D. & Labour and Employment.
Other Activities : 1992 – Youth Congress President, Manipur
1997 – A.I.C.C. Member of Manipur.
- Captain of St. Stephen’s Football Team
- Worked ffor educational and economic development of the people of Manipur as student.
- Patron member of the Model Club and Leimayol Arts Center, Chingamkha.
- Founder and Patron of the I. Tompok Singh memorial Polo club.
- Founder member of Thangjing Air Crash Memorial Committee.
- Actively participated in subsequent annual sessions of the A.I.C.C. (I) and N.E.C.C. (I)
- Elected Secretary-cum-spokesman of the Federal legislative Party.
- Member of the divisional Railway Users’ consultative Committee (DRUCC) Guwahati as a Member from Manipur.
- Member of the High Power committee which organized the 5th National games held in Feb., 1999 at Imphal and was responsible for construction of the National Games village as Housing Minister.
Hobby : Social Work, Travelling, Outdoors Sports, Hiking and Reading.
Travel abroad : Bangladesh, Nepal, U.S.A., Canada, Thailand, Singapore and Holland.