SHRI L. IBOMCHA SINGH
Nationalist Congress Party
12 – Keisamthong A/C
Father’s name : Late Shri L. Tomba Siingh
Date of Birth : 1st March 1948
Place of Birth : Keisamthong Laisom Leirak, Imphal
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. Y. Indira Devi, Presently serving as Secretary, Manipur Legislative Assembly
Number of children : 1 (one) son, 3 (three) Daughters
Ednl. Qualification : B.A. (Gauhati University, LL.B. with diploma in Law of Taxation (Lucknow University)
Profession : former government employee and advocate.
Position Held : 2002 – Elected to the 8th Manipur Legislative Assembly on FPM ticket.
2012 - Re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on NCP ticket.
Other Activities and
Training attended : Active worker of Socialist Party during School career.
- Secretary of the Lucknow Manipur Students Association.
- Enrolled as an advocate of the Bar council of N.E. states in 1972 and practiced as an Advocate till 976 under Gauhati High Court.
- In 1976, joined as Under Secretary in the Manipur Legislative Assembly.
- Law Secretary an State Election commissioner under government of Manipur from 1994-2002.
- Life member of the Cultural Forum of Manipur.
- Advisor to the All Manipur Students’ Union.
- Awarded as the “best Citizen of India” in the year 2005 by the International Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Life Member of the Manipur Consumer’s Protection Society.
- Advisor of Waisen Marin Co-ordinating Committee.
- Executive Officer, Lainingthou Sanamahi temple Board.
- Chairman of Sir Churachand Trophy State level boxing Championship.
- President of All Manipur Tae-Kwondo Association.
- Founder member & vice-President of the Irabot Memorial Charitable Trust, Manipur.
- Publication of book in English entitled “Manipur under AFSPA – A bizarre Experience”.
- Attended the course of study & training under the Parliamentary Fellowship Programme of the Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies, New Delhi.
- Trained and successfully completed the course in Legislative Drafting under the Commonwealth fund for Technical Co-operation (CFTC), N.D., commonwealth Secretariat.
- Attended and successfully completed the Course for government Legal Advisers from Overseas under University of London.
- Trained and successfully completed the financial Management Course conducted by the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Enrolled as an Advocate of the Bar Council of North Eastern-States in 1972 and practiced as an Advocate till 1976 under Gauhati High Court.
- Served as Law Secretary and State Election commissioner under the govt. of Manipur from 1994-2002.
- While he was Law Secretary, he presented a Paper in the conference of Law minister of all States organized by the govt. of India between 30th June – 1st July, 1997, suggesting that AFSPA be replaced by a milder law, of at all necessary.
- Was a member of the State Level Committee of Govt. on Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission.
- Served as a nominated Empanelled
- Expert for one term in 2009-2010 in the National Trust for undertaking inspection works of Non-governmental Organizations, under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- On the invitation and sponsorship of Asian Human right Commission, he as a lone delegate representing India, participated in the deliberation/consultation on budgeting for Administration of Justice, held at Hong Kong from 11th July to 13th July of 2010.
- Member, Divisional Railway Users’ Committee (DRUCC) on N.E. Railway, Minister of Railway (railway board), Govt. of India.
Hobby : Writing preferably satirical writing which upholds the problems of the people and arouse their retrospection and attention.
Travel abroad : U.K., Netherlands, Dubai, Kuwait, UAE, Haque (International Court of Justice) and Oxford and Cambridge Universities on study and goodwill tour programme, including Bangkok, Manila, Kathmandu and Rangoon.