Dr. NGAIRANGAM BIJOY SINGH
Indian National Congress
3 – Khurai A/C
Father’s Name : Late Shri Borajao Singh
Date of Birth : 1st March, 1946
Place of Birth : Khurai Chingangbam Leikai, Imphal
Marital Status : Married
Spouse’s Name : Smt. Yumnam Kundamani Devi
Number of Children : 1 (One) Son, 5 (five) Daughters
Ednl. Qualification : M.B.B.S (GAU), M.S. (AIIMS), FRCS (Edn), Ph. D. (M.U), FICS, FAIS, AIMS, FRSM.
Profession : Medical
Permanent Address : Khurai Chingangbam Leikai, Tinsid Road, Imphal – 795010
Present Address : Leiren Mansion, Opposite Super Market, Lamphelpat, Imphal – 795004
Position Held : 2007 – Elected to the 9th Manipur Legislative Assembly on M.P.P. Ticket.
2012- re-elected to the 10th Manipur Legislative Assembly on INC ticket.
Other Activities : 1. Approved lyricist (Manipuri), All India Radio Station, Imphal.
2. Vice-Chancellor, Manipur University.
3. Director, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, RIMS.
4. Medical Superintendent, RIMS & Prof. of Surgery, RIMS.
5. Served as chairman of the Committee for vision document of the NER 2020 on Educational Infrastructure Development sponsored by NEC.
6. Served as Chairman, Technical Resource Group (TRG) on Prevention of AIDS by IDU of NACO, New Delhi.
7. Served as Chairman, Surgical Specialty, National Board of Examination, New Delhi, 2001-2003.
8. Served as Inspector of Medical colleges (more than 20 colleges) ff the country.
9. Served as Member of the Medical colleges (more than 20 colleges) of the country.
10. Served as Executive Committee member of the INFFLIBNET, Ahmadabad, UGC.
11. Served as Member of the Executive Committee and General body of the CEC, UGC.
12. Served as chairman of the Different teams for Inspection off Medical Universities.
13. Member of the Public Accounts Committee, Manipur Legislative Assembly, (2007-08), (2008-09), (2010-11),(2011-12).
14. Member of the Estimates Committee, Manipur Legislative Assembly, (2009-10).
15. Member of the committee on government Assurances, Manipur Legislative Assembly, (2007-08), (2008-09), (2010-11), (2011-12).
16. Committee on Delegated Legislation, Manipur Legislative Assembly, (2009-10).
17. Member of the Manipur Legislatures’ forum on AIDS.
18. Served as founder co-convenor of doctors’ Cell, Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee in 1982.
19. Served as Convenor off the Doctors’ Cell, MPCC (I), Imphal in 1985.
Hobby : Social Service.
Travel abroad : U.K., France, Belgium, Thailand, Australia, Canada, U.S.A., Japan, Malaysia,, Singapore, Nepal and Myanmar.